8/14/2011

Owed to the Credit Card

The Card is My Shepherd
A Song of Credit

The Card is my shepherd; I shall not want.

It maketh me to eat in expensive restaurants; it beggeth me to purchase the still waters of Evian.

It restoreth my debt: it leadeth me in the paths of spending for the sheer hell of it.


Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of debt, I will fear no bankruptcy: for thou art with me; thy rounded plastic rectangle and thy magnetic strip they comfort me.


Thou preparest a shopping list before me in the presence of mine desires: thou anointest my wallet with grease; my credit limit runneth over.


Surely consumer goods and joy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the loving embrace of the Card for ever.

1 comment:

Alan Greenblatt said...

And you will know My name is the Card when I lay My vengeance upon thee..