10/05/2007

Dog Is My Copilot

I went to the vet the other day to get some medicine for my dog.
It went something like this:

Me: Hi - I'm here to pick up some pills for Tempo.
Her: What's his last name?
Me: I don't know, he's never told me.

Her: Do you have his license?
Me: No - we don't let him drive.

Her: What kind of medicine is it?
Me: Pills. Brown-ish. About a half-inch square.
Her: What are they for?
Me: My dog. They're supposed to be swallowed.

Her: Do you have a prescription?
Me: No, they're for my dog.
Her: Do you have a prescription from him?
Me: No - he can't write. And I don't think he's allowed to give them out without a license. Which he doesn't have.

We finally worked things out and she gave me the pills.

Her: These are to be taken with food.
Me: Okay, I'll tell him.

I went home and was greeted at the door by my dog.

Him: Did you get my medicine?

No comments: