9/14/2006

When I am King: Manarchy Reigns

When I am King...
The word "monarch" will be replaced by a more appropriate word.


"Monarchy" is a great word for a kingdom in the Carribean, but it doesn't seem right for me; heck, I don't even know where Carribea is.

What about "manarchy" instead, since the guy at the top (that'd be me) is a man? Or if I want to go for a more casual flair, how about "guyarchy"? If we're sticking to our English roots in this thing, maybe "chaparchy". If the kingdom were California, perhaps "dudearchy" would be good, or if in the Midwest, maybe "neighborarchy".

But I think I like "manarchy"; it has a certain, I don't know, masculine feel to it. And it seems to just fit with the whole governance thing:

Q: What happens if you lose the head of a Manarchy?

A: anarchy

It just works.

1 comment:

Laureen said...

Y'know, I snarled a bit at this post at first, until I realized that the whole darned thing was merely the setup for the joke at the end. So for that, you're forgiven... for now. But I'm watching you... heh heh heh...